In order to receive criminal injuries compensation, you must fill in a special application form.

The application must be submitted to the Swedish Crime Victim Authority no later than three years after the legal proceedings have been concluded. This means three years after the day the court decision gained legal force, or after the day the preliminary investigation was discontinued. If no preliminary investigation was ever initiated, you must apply no later than three years after the crime was committed.

To apply for criminal injuries compensation, use the form provided by the Swedish Crime Victim Authority. Application forms and other information material are available under Publications.

To learn more about various forms of compensation to crime victims you may download the folder Information to Crime Victims. You can also contact the Swedish Crime Victim Authority, the Police, or the Public Prosecution Authority directly for more information. Victim support centres or women’s shelters can help you fill in the form.